[vc_row el_position=”first last”] [vc_column] [vc_column_text el_position=”first”]
64.4kms today in somewhat cooler weather – only 31! We started out with the ominous warning about the hill out of town from our coaches – a steady climb that will take 45 minutes…yikes! 30kms into the ride we stopped for a water break and one of the riders asked “have we come to the hill yet?”. Testament that the training has prepared us well or perhaps to the cruel humour of our coaches.
- Riding along Deep Creek Road – a beautiful country road that gave us a break from the highway.
- Meeting Farmer John – He owns the 1903 farmhouse that has become an annual photo opp for the ALS Cycle of Hope.
- Lots of supportive honks from drivers again today but this was the first day a train tooted its horn in support – that was awesome!
- Construction crew outside of Vernon that guided us safely through the construction zone – Thank You!
- Our first mechanical – a flat tire ony a few kms outside of Vernon.
Next stop – Kelowna….
[/vc_column_text] [vc_gallery type=”image_grid” interval=”3″ onclick=”link_image” images=”7109,7110,7108,7117″ custom_links_target=”_self”] [vc_column_text el_position=”last”]
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [/vc_row]