[vc_row el_position=”first last”] [vc_column] [vc_column_text el_position=”first”]
We had an amazing day today with over 30 riders participating in our Kelowna community rides, hosted by Fresh Air oncept. Both the 30 and 70km routes offered some challenging hills, taking the riders on a beautiful ride along Okanagan Lake; the 70km route continued on through some of the local vineyards. The weather was perfect, the atmosphere incredible and the people inspiring.
3 generations of the McComb family rode the 30km route including Scott, who has recently been diagnosed with ALS, and his 8 year old nephew Carter, who was the highest fundraiser. They looked awesome in their special, Team Triple S, red and white jerseys!
- Scott McComb racing his sister to the finish line
- Carter McComb finishing the 30kms
- Corinne, who rode for her friend Karen who is battling ALS completed the 70km route – she has only been riding for 3 weeks!
- One of our coaches, Richard Cook, was particularly touched by a special thank you he received from a struggling rider he had helped get to the top of a hill. Richard was unaware that the rider was Scott McComb until later when Scott’s sister thanked him on behalf of the whole McComb family and let him know that Scott doesn’t say thank you without good cause.
- Relaxing at Vibrant Vines Winery
[/vc_column_text] [vc_gallery type=”image_grid” interval=”3″ onclick=”link_image” images=”7133,7131,7130″ custom_links_target=”_self”] [vc_column_text el_position=”last”]
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [/vc_row]